*Today’s post is by my friend Debra Dickey, a frequent contributor to this blog. I’m thankful for Debra’s courage to share her own journey in writing because each time she does, I learn and grow.*
1) A weighty concern regarding the possibility of an expensive vehicle repair — gratefully, did not need to happen.
2) Frozen, burst water pipes — managed by the appropriate people with no liability to us. Another Alleluia moment!
3) A friend’s frozen water issues — easily thawed with an inexpensive heater at minimal inconvenience. Yay!
4) My brother, rushed to the hospital with potentially life-threatening symptoms. Five frightening days of waiting, watching, and wondering. Again, through the Grace and Power of the Almighty, he was safely carried through the danger, and recovery is imminent. Praise God!
5) A dog . . . . a skunk — a 10-second imagination-run-wild episode that turned out to be quite comical!
6) Add to that a treacherous 25-mile drive home on ice-slick roads that can only be described as ‘harrowing’, yet, in its finality, by the Grace of God and one hour later, concluding safely.
7) And to top off this mere three-week time span, exhausting illness x 2, plus a major health concern of another sort, and a family situation en crises, presently in the hands of God: starbursts of amethyst and gold — moments in waiting!
Star-spangled moments. Decipherable moments of Exquisite Presence. Moments of gratefulness. Joyous moments. Praise-filled moments. Laughable moments. Challenging moments. Gut-wrenching, heart-numbing, fear-gripped moments. Humble moments. Moments of fireworks and awe. He is in them all. He answers my prayers, thankfully sometimes even before I know to pray them.
I experience all these kinds of moments and more, almost on a daily basis. So not only am I grateful for the blessings of things that do happen, I am most often even more grateful for the blessings of things that don’t happen. Those particularly worrisome events that somehow seem to juuusst barely sideswipe my wee crotchety life as they eek past on their little slippery skates of uncertainty. Yes, I hear God in the still. I see God in the small. And I feel God in each moment. There is no possible way that I could deflect nor withstand even a fraction of everything that comes at me without Help – I’m not the victor in those wrestling matches – but God is, so it doesn’t matter if I am or not!
My word for 2013 was ‘miracles’, and there have been so many! What I have come to know is that often before you get to the miracles, that there are a colossal amount of challenges, stumbling blocks, and hurdles — virtual tidal waves of worry, heartache, fear and concern — which require an enormous amount of personal strength, effort, fortitude, and prayer to be able to walk through all the scary situations, the soul-searching days and nights, and the miry swamps of the unknown, before you get to those star-spangled moments, those miracles!! Those precursors are fiercely and incredibly draining, at times leaving me broken, battered, bruised, and bleeding in the dust.
But because I know that God is the Author of the miracles that I seek, then I also recognize that I must possess strength, courage, and endurance to travel the road that is before me, and to navigate the sometimes perilous journey that will lead to those miracles. So I shall ever seek His Promises of strength and protection, always by my side in Perfect Love, so that I can get back up and keep going.
His Word assures me: “He will shelter you with his wings….He will order His angels to protect you…they will hold you up with their hands… The Lord says I will protect those who trust in My Name.” Psalm 91:4-12
*I continually pray for God to build a hedge of protection around me and my loved ones, a sphere of God’s glory that carries a vibration of Heaven that will hide us and keep us safe when principalities and powers may threaten our spiritual realm. Let us commit our lives to God and strive to stay in the center of His Will, so that the enemy will not have access to what has been given to us according to that promise. Thank You for Your Divine Protection in Jesus’ Name. Amen. [missionariesofprayer.org]
I eternally acknowledge the Divine Intervention that is evidenced within the subsistence of my life throughout each moment of my being. Moments of forever. Moments of now. Moments of Grace and Strength and Love. Small moments, enormous moments, amazing moments, unexpected and surprising moments. Moments without end. So many star-spangled moments!